Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Pacific Dawn - Tuesday 13 February, Debark day

And we're back in Brisbane! No sleeping in today as we have to be out of our cabin by 7.30am. We had planned on going to the Waterfront for breakfast but were too late so ended up at the Pantry, which I didn't mind at all.

Pastries and muesli with a view

Big brekky and a hot chocolate from Charlies
We both enjoyed the cruise and would certainly do another but 3 nights just isn't enough! 

I'm not sure if the standard of food, especially in the main restaurant, has fallen or if it's just a short cruise thing. I think this is the first time I've not been that impressed with the food, don't get me wrong I still had some yummy meals but just had a few not so yummy meals which has been a rarity on other cruises. Hopefully it was just a one off and the chefs were having a bad day (cruise) and the food will be back to it's usual delicious self the next time I'm cruising. I'll definitely have to have another cruise to check it out.

The entertainment was awesome and I really love the new makeover the Dawn received. It looks a lot fresher and modern and having the waterslides, is an added bonus especially when they are included in the fare and not an extra like the Edge activities are.

Waiting in the Promenade Bar for instructions on when we could leave the ship
 Our meeting place before getting off the ship was in the Promenade Bar, no sooner had we sat down than we were told we could leave. Down to deck 5 and just as I was about to get my cruise card scanned for the last time I hear miss 18 call me, she couldn't get off the ship until she'd finished her drink. Apparently you can't take it off the ship. I'm not really sure why seeing as we got it from the ship and we hadn't been anywhere except for Brisbane, maybe it's a rubbish thing? No matter, miss 18 finished her drink and then off we went.

Finding our bags was easy and the shuttle bus was there so we were back at the car by about 8.30am. Siri took us to a dead end on the way to the Gateway Bridge but once we turned around, and noticed another car doing the same thing, we found the right road and were on our way back to the everyday.

This cruise was a nice little getaway now where to next?

No comments:

Post a Comment