Thursday, August 25, 2016

Heading to Sydney - Thursday 25 August

We decided to stay overnight in Sydney before our cruise. This saved mum and dad from doing the dreaded overnight train, leaves Wauchope at about midnight, and also eliminated any stress if my flight was delayed. As it was we all arrived in Sydney on Thursday 25/8 around the same time, I was a bit later as my flight was about half an hour late. I caught the train to Central from the airport and met up with mum and dad to walk down to our hotel. We stayed at the Travelodge in Wentworth St which was about a 15-20 minute walk from Central but is also close to Museum Station (about 5 mins) which we used the following day.



Sydney was COLD. We had checked the weather before leaving so had appropriate clothing, thankfully, and were lucky that it didn't rain. Walking with a suitcase is hard enough without adding rain into the mix!

After getting to the hotel, check in was easy, we freshened up a bit and then headed to Chinatown. This was about a 10 minute easy walk. We stopped at a pub for a drink before heading to the food court, which we've visited each time we've been to Sydney. The food's yummy and cheap! We also got some of the 'famous' cream puffs that my niece and I discovered on our April trip to Sydney. Still as yummy as I remembered enough though mum wasn't that fussed. Hard to please I think!



We walked back to our hotel, very cold but a fairly easy, flat walk. It was nice to know that we would have a pretty relaxed morning as we didn't have to get to Circular Quay early. Bag drop starts at around 8am and our check in was scheduled for around 12.30pm. No alarm clock needed!

Our room had a double bed and a double sofa bed. I had thought we would have three single beds but it was fine for us. The sofa bed was pretty comfortable. I'm staying here again with the kids in September so I'm hoping this time we will get 3 beds. No views from the room but it's not surprising in Sydney when there are so many highrises. The room was big enough for the three of us and it was for only overnight.




No comments:

Post a Comment