Thursday, January 24, 2019

Majestic Princess, Thursday 24 January, Heading to Sydney

Everything went just as planned, thankfully as there had been talk of a pilot strike. Someone turned up as the flight left and arrived on time! Easy check in with the self check in and bag drop, great idea.

Don't let the clouds deceive you, it was hot.
Smooth trip down to Sydney, had a window seat so that was nice. Was on the wrong side of the plane going over the harbour, like I often am, but still had lovely views as it was a gorgeous sunny day. No dramas once at the airport, grabbed my suitcase and headed for the station. Used my Opal card, yay it still worked, and made my way to Central. Easy walk to the hotel, have stayed here before so knew how to get there. Bonus for me, the room was ready. I was there at about midday so didn't expect that. Very handy as I could have a quick freshen up and a cuppa before wandering the streets of Sydney. I had a mini chicken pie from Pie Face and a lovely mini Cheese Tart from Haikkodo (World Square shopping Centre) so yummy.

Lunch!
I tried to see if I could change some money through a travel agent so I didn't have to pay any fees but the few I went into didn't do that. Oh well, it didn't end up being a problem anyway. I went to Liquorland and got our wine to take on the ship, went back to the room and dropped it off and then it was time to meet mum and dad at Central Station. Their train was due in at 3.41pm and it was right on time. Just as I walked up to the platform the train was coming in,perfect timing. They arrived safe and sound. We grabbed their suitcases and then walked to the hotel, it's only about a 5-10min walk.

Metro Marlow Sydney Central
We had a cuppa and they freshened up before heading to Coles to grab a couple of things and then it was onto Chinatown for a drink and then dinner at the food court, don't forget the cream puffs (as good as I remember!)

Yummy dinner at the food court in Chinatown
 We were back to the room by 9pm and asleep not long after.

Tomorrow is cruise day and we can't WAIT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment