Monday, January 12, 2015

Carnival Spirit - 3rd Sea Day

We always checked out the Funtime to see what was happening each day

Lunch in the Empire Restaurant

Lunch with a view

Chocolate Eclair - oh my goodness!

The pods and Green Thunder!

Yes, yes I did!
Sea day so we decided on lunch in the Empire Restaurant. My sister wasn't feeling too well, a little sea sickness maybe? Popped an Avomine and all was well. The food was amazing (pumpkin ravioli, fish n chips and hamburgers) and the dessert (chocolate eclair) was BIG but so yummy.

Swimming, reading and podding was the order of the day. The Green Thunder was high on the boys list - they loved it! It was closed when the weather was too windy, as was the putt putt and basketball court.

The lido was such a great place to sit in the evening as it was quite sheltered, there's a retractable roof over one of the pool areas. We had our predinner drinks up here. It also meant the boys could go in the pool and spa. It was generally quiet from around 5.30pm as I think many people had the early dinner sitting so the boys made the most of the near empty pool. It was also handy for them to get a drink for the drinks machine and possibly some nibbles from inside the buffet. Not that we needed any food before dinner!

I wasn't overly hungry tonight so only wanted a small meal. Of course I was still going to have three course but three smaller course, that was the plan anyway. The entree started off well with a couple of chicken satay sticks but them when I got my main, well it wasn't small! It was delicious though! The waiter brought out my meal, I had an indian style curry, and I thought ok a bit bigger than I need but I don't have to eat it all. But wait, there's more. He then brought over another plate with even more food on it! Good grief! Glad I said I wasn't very hungry, ha ha.

Just a small meal for me tonight
Another fabulous showtime by Dessi and her team and we were ready for bed!


No comments:

Post a Comment