Saturday, November 28, 2015

Pacific Dawn - Debark Day


Another amazing cruise comes to an end but not before breakfast! We'd received our debarkation details earlier in the cruise including our luggage tags. We left our suitcases outside our cabin last night so only needed a small bag for the items we needed, like pj's and clothes for today. Our debark time was 8.15am. You are asked to wait in a designated area until your number is called - this all seemed to run quite smoothly. The only hitch we had was they wouldn't let mum off - not such a bad thing really! We'd purchased a photo earlier in the morning so they were just checking with mum that was correct and then she was free to go!

I think this means our cruise is over


The photos on the ship, in my opinion, are very expensive. They're $20 each. I'm sure if they were a bit cheaper more people would buy them - I know I would have bought a couple more, we are so very photogenic you know! The only photo we bought was one that was taken when we got off the tender in Sydney. You get your photo taken a lot on a cruise, every time you get on and off the ship plus dinner time in the restaurant and random spots throughout the ship - especially theme nights. You can also get family portraits done and glamours shots, which lots of people seem to do. I guess it's a good time to do them when all the family are together looking nice.

Mum and I are definitely hooked on cruising, not so much dad, and I'm sure we'll be doing some more in the, hopefully not too distant, future. I'd really like to try another cruise line, maybe Princess or Royal Caribbean but I'd never knock back another cruise on P&O.

Once off the Dawnie we collected our suitcases and headed outside to find out shuttle bus - it was ready and waiting and before we knew it we were in our car and heading home. Very efficient.

Time to start checking out bargain cruises! Maybe one day we'll do a Christmas cruise - now that would be amazing! Fingers crossed that's what santa brings me this year :-)

Thanks Mum for wanting to do this cruise and wanting me to come along! Mwah.

No comments:

Post a Comment