Friday, January 29, 2016

Dawn Princess - Friday 29 January, Debark Day

And our cruise is over. We docked at 7am and scheduled to debark at 8.40am. The Carnival Spirit followed us in and docked at Circular Quay, which is why we dock at White Bay.

Carnival Spirit

Heading to White Bay - Carnival Spirit heading for the OPT

Yet again we had an incredible time and both mum and I agree that the Dawn Princess provided us with the best service and food we have ever had on a cruise! Near faultless. A big thumbs up Princess, you impressed the hell out of us!

Debark was smooth and before we knew it (or wanted) we were walking to the ferry and back to reality. The ferry dropped us at Circular Quay where we then caught a train to Central Station, checked our bags in for the XPT to Wauchope and headed to Coles to get some lunch for the train trip. No more delicious Horizon or Pizzeria lunches for us - boohoo.

On the ferry over to Circular Quay
Circular Quay train station - Carnival Spirit in the background

Our train was running on schedule and before we knew it, well 7 hours later, we were at Wauchope station getting on the coach to Port Macquarie. Dad picked us up from the Bus Terminal in Port Mac and our trip was over. I still had a 6 hour drive home but wasn't leaving until Sunday.

All aboard the XPT to Wauchope

We planned on washing on Saturday and heading to Officeworks to get out photos printed - I love going through our photos and am impatient so need to get them printed asap! I got a bit carried away and printed out too many but that's just because I can never say no to deleting or not printing a photo!

I highly recommend Princess and hope to do another one (soon!).

Dawn Princess docked at White Bay


I use OzCruising mostly and also Cruise Sale Finder. For this cruise I booked through OzCruising. I booked the ferry through Captain Cook Cruises. $9pp each way. I booked our Sydney hotel through Wotif. I also prebooked our shore tours for Lifou and Isle of Pines through the Princess website in the Cruise Personaliser.

No comments:

Post a Comment